Still curious about attunements? Check out a few of the most commonly asked questions below!
How Do I Prepare For An Attunement?
Preparation for an attunement can be done in many different ways. You can take a spiritual bath, smudge yourself and the area you will receive the attunement, light candles, burn incense, meditate or pray. It is advised that you do what is needed in order to get into a receptive state to receive the attunement.
The follow the steps below are recommended:
- Find some time for yourself in a quiet space. You can use earphone and listen to gentle music.
- Get in the most comfortable position as possible (laying down or sitting up), your back straight and your arms and legs uncrossed, so the energy can flow through you without restriction.
- Once you are comfortable, close your eyes and ask your Higher Self, Guides, Angels and/or Ancestors (whoever you believe in) to assist with the attunement.
- Simply focus on your breath and relax.
- When you are in a relaxed conscious state, (depending on how you will receive the attunement), you will call in the attunement or the energy will be sent directly to you.
What To Expect During An Attunement?
It is recommended to be open and receptive during an attunement, as everything is energy and “what you expect is what you get”! An attunement may feel different to each person.
An attunement is best received when you are able to find some time for yourself in a quiet space. You should be as comfortable as possible, eyes closed, your back straight and your arms and legs uncrossed, so the energy can flow through you without restriction. Once you are comfortable, simply focus on your breath and relax.
You do not have to concentrate on making or keeping the energy flowing, it will flow freely on its own accord, just relax and enjoy the energy.
As the attunement works to clear out emotional, physical and spiritual energy fields, you may experience a wide range of sensations. It is not uncommon to feel extremely relaxed or even fall asleep. Sensations of warmth or cold, tingling, numbness of limbs, throbbing, pulsing and even jumping are common body sensations felt during an attunement.
While some people experience physical sensations, others may have mental and emotional experiences such as a strong sense of calmness and peace, mental pictures, messages you’re your guides or Higher Self. Many people have reported feeling very grounded and connected to Earth, the Universe, their Higher Self and their life’s purpose.
Some people may not experience any sensations at all during an attunement. This is not an indication that you did not receive the full benefits of the session (or that you were unable to be a clear channel to attune others). Each person receives energy in their own way. Although all experiences are different, almost everyone reports feeling extremely relaxed during an attunement.
What To Expect After An Attunement?
After an attunement, our body (on all levels) will release the old stagnant energy (and toxins) and make space to reset itself for the higher vibrational Divine energy.
Some people report not feeling anything after an attunement, but they experience and notice a shift in their consciousness or a stronger connection to the energy of the attunement. This can result in changes in all aspects of their lives, a closer connection to the attuned energy and the Universe (Source, God, their guides, Angles, etc.).
Other people have reported experiencing dreams, emotions, thoughts, etc. that come up (from the past or present) after an attunement. This is part of the clearing/integration process of the attunement and it is advised that you do not resist this part of the process as it clears out the old energy to make room for the new energy you reconnected to. It may help to keep a journal; this will assist you to better understand and see your progress. Be patient, loving and kind to yourself after an attunement, as this is the time when your body is integrating the energy on all levels and can manifest in various ways.
Sometimes the release of old stagnant energy (and toxins) can be challenging and ugly, causing a shift in the state of our body’s balance and changes in our bodies (physical, etheric, spiritual, etc.).
When this shift and these changes happen, we may experience fatigue, sadness, euphoria, bliss, bouts of creativity, hungry, flu-like symptoms, headaches, old ailments resurfacing, dizziness, runny nose, aches and pains, diarrhea and other symptoms. These symptoms are a result of the release of old, stagnant and stored energy and toxins out of the body for elimination, cleansing and self-healing. This is a normal and natural process to experience after an attunement and is sometimes referred to as a “Healing Crisis”.
During a “healing crisis”, your bodies (physical, spiritual, etheric, etc.) are releasing toxins (old thoughts, beliefs, memories, patterns, programs, habits, dis-ease, energy, etc.) and this release may affect you in different ways. Not only is your physical body detoxing, but your spiritual, emotion and mental bodies are experiencing a detox as well. “If this happens, please keep in mind that this is a good sign, and it indicates healing. Once the toxins are released and the body adjusts to renewed health, you will feel better. During this time, you should focus on self-nurturing, get lots of rest, drink a lot of water and release that which no longer serves you.” (Susan M. Obijiski Online).
For example: Before your attunement, you (your body) were taught to bottle your emotions but as a result, you became angry, anxious and even physically sick. This has become normal for you and your body has learned to protect itself while fighting to maintain its normal functions to keep you alive. After your attunement, you may feel the need to talk about how you feel, you may find that almost everything annoys you, you may want to understand why you feel the way you do or, you may find a creative way to express yourself. This is your body (on all levels) releasing the old stagnant energy (and toxins), making space to reset itself for the high vibrational Divine energy you attuned to.
You should also work with the energy you are attuned to so you can get familiar with what it feels like as it flows through you. By working with the energy, you will establish a deep connection with it, recognize how it feels and utilize it to assist you with healing, transformation and growth. The more you work with and connect to the energy, the stronger and more easily it will flow through you. You will also be able to channel the energy to others as well as attune others.
One of the most important things to do after an attunement is to give yourself the gift of patience, love, acceptance and the permission to explore and discover yourself and your new vibrational consciousness. You have the power within you to accomplish anything. Your Divine Birthright is Love, Light, Abundance, Bliss and Health!
How to Work With The Energy You Attuned To?
There are immeasurable ways to work with the energy you are attuned to.
The more you connect with the energy, the more familiar it will feel which opens you up to creating your own unique technique for working with the energy of the attunement.
The following suggestions as guides to work with the energy of the attunement:
- Sit in a quiet space, close your eyes, center yourself and focus on your breath. Once centered, call in the energy you were attuned to. To call in the energy, simply state the energy out loud or silently in your mind (ex. “Bliss”, “Health”, “Focus”, “Venus”, “Rose Quartz”, etc.). Allow the energy to flow to and through you as you continue to breath. Once you feel the energy flowing through you, you are connected and can now open your eyes and continue your day.
- Take a few conscious breaths and call in the energy of the attunement by name (ex. “Concentration”, “Shungite”, “Creativity”, etc.). Feel the energy flow to and through you. Once you feel the energy, it will flow into all you do.
- You can even channel the energy to a situation, person, place or things. Write the situation, event, person, place or thing in the palm of your hand with your finger, on a piece of paper, visualize it in the palm of your hand or think of it. Place your hands in prayer position and call in the energy as suggested above. When you feel the energy flowing through you, ask it to also flow to the situation, person, place or thing of your choosing.
It is your intent that opens the door for the energy to flow to and through you.
You do not have to concentrate on keeping the energy flowing, it will flow freely on its own accord, just relax and enjoy the energy.